Fwd: Webmaker Account Confirmation

Allen Gunn gunner at aspirationtech.org
Thu Mar 5 14:06:13 UTC 2015

Hey,

Thanks for this explanation. I certainly could be would you say below.

Only the shadow "gunner" really knows...

peace,
gunner

On 03/05/2015 04:59 AM, Christopher De Cairos wrote:
> It's definitely strange that it showed up like that..
>
> The only way the system would send you that is if somebody tried to
> use your email or username.
>
> Perhaps someone who also uses the username gunner couldn't remember
> of they had made an account if not?
>
> On Mar 5, 2015 7:34 AM, "Allen Gunn" <gunner at aspirationtech.org
> <mailto:gunner at aspirationtech.org>> wrote:
>
> Hi Chris,
>
> Thanks for the reply. And you reply at a time I associate with a
> man working on a microhuman management timetable :^)
>
> FWIW, the email "just showed up". I wonder if there might be value
> in letting others knowing what's up to minimize user confusion...
>
> thanks & peace, gunner
>
> On 03/05/2015 04:07 AM, Christopher De Cairos wrote:
>> Hey Gunner,
>
>> As part of the effort to improve the onboarding experience of
>> Webmaker, we eliminated the need to check for an email when
>> first creating a Webmaker account.
>
>> On the first returning login, you'd receive that confirmation of
>> account email,  which is basically just special copy around the
>> first login token generated for the account.
>
>> Originally, the plan was to mark all existing accounts as
>> verified when the switch to the new system was made,  but it
>> appears that is not what actually happened.
>
>> On Mar 5, 2015 6:17 AM, "Allen Gunn" <gunner at aspirationtech.org
> <mailto:gunner at aspirationtech.org>
>> <mailto:gunner at aspirationtech.org
> <mailto:gunner at aspirationtech.org>>> wrote:
>
>> Hi WebMaker-dev friends,
>
>> I just received this "Account Confirmation", which looks legit.
>
>> Presuming this isn't someone trying to recover my password for
>> me, I wonder if someone could explain what caused this to be
>> sent?
>
>> Apologies if I missed something on the list regarding this.
>> thanks & peace, gunner
>
>> -------- Original Message -------- Subject:        Webmaker
>> Account Confirmation Date:   Thu, 5 Mar 2015 07:14:07 +0000
>> From: Webmaker <help at webmaker.org <mailto:help at webmaker.org>
> <mailto:help at webmaker.org <mailto:help at webmaker.org>>> To:
>> gunner at aspirationtech.org <mailto:gunner at aspirationtech.org>
> <mailto:gunner at aspirationtech.org
> <mailto:gunner at aspirationtech.org>>
>

>> Mozilla Webmaker Logo about_webmaker_login Sign in
>> <https://webmaker.org/en-US?uid=gunner&token=rihuz-solih> Sign in
>> & Remember me
>
> <https://webmaker.org/en-US?uid=gunner&token=rihuz-solih&validFor=one-year>
>

> Or, copy this key into Webmaker: rihuz-solih
>> -

- --

Allen Gunn
Executive Director, Aspiration
+1.415.216.7252
www.aspirationtech.org

Aspiration: "Better Tools for a Better World"

Read our Manifesto: http://aspirationtech.org/publications/manifesto

Follow us:
Facebook: www.facebook.com/aspirationtech
Twitter:  www.twitter.com/aspirationtech