Fwd: Webmaker Account Confirmation

Allen Gunn gunner at aspirationtech.org
Thu Mar 5 04:33:51 PST 2015

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply. And you reply at a time I associate with a man
working on a microhuman management timetable :^)

FWIW, the email "just showed up". I wonder if there might be value in
letting others knowing what's up to minimize user confusion...

thanks & peace,
gunner

On 03/05/2015 04:07 AM, Christopher De Cairos wrote:
> Hey Gunner,
>
> As part of the effort to improve the onboarding experience of
> Webmaker, we eliminated the need to check for an email when first
> creating a Webmaker account.
>
> On the first returning login, you'd receive that confirmation of
> account email,  which is basically just special copy around the
> first login token generated for the account.
>
> Originally, the plan was to mark all existing accounts as verified
> when the switch to the new system was made,  but it appears that is
> not what actually happened.
>
> On Mar 5, 2015 6:17 AM, "Allen Gunn" <gunner at aspirationtech.org
> <mailto:gunner at aspirationtech.org>> wrote:
>
> Hi WebMaker-dev friends,
>
> I just received this "Account Confirmation", which looks legit.
>
> Presuming this isn't someone trying to recover my password for me,
> I wonder if someone could explain what caused this to be sent?
>
> Apologies if I missed something on the list regarding this. thanks
> & peace, gunner
>
> -------- Original Message -------- Subject:        Webmaker Account
> Confirmation Date:   Thu, 5 Mar 2015 07:14:07 +0000 From:
> Webmaker <help at webmaker.org <mailto:help at webmaker.org>> To:
> gunner at aspirationtech.org <mailto:gunner at aspirationtech.org>
>

> Mozilla Webmaker Logo about_webmaker_login Sign in
> <https://webmaker.org/en-US?uid=gunner&token=rihuz-solih> Sign in &
> Remember me
> <https://webmaker.org/en-US?uid=gunner&token=rihuz-solih&validFor=one-year>

Or, copy this key into Webmaker: rihuz-solih
> -

If you did not try to sign in, you can ignore this message. If you
> prefer, you can <a href="https://login.webmaker.org/account">set a
> password</a> to use for sign in. Questions? View our <a
> href="https://support.mozilla.org/kb/webmaker-account-help">help
> article</a> or email <a href="mailto:help at webmaker.org
> <mailto:help at webmaker.org>">help at webmaker.org
> <mailto:help at webmaker.org></a>. Questions? Ask our helpful
> community <https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/products/webmaker> of
> Mentors and Webmakers like you.

- --

Allen Gunn
Executive Director, Aspiration
+1.415.216.7252
www.aspirationtech.org

Aspiration: "Better Tools for a Better World"

Read our Manifesto: http://aspirationtech.org/publications/manifesto

Follow us:
Facebook: www.facebook.com/aspirationtech
Twitter:  www.twitter.com/aspirationtech