Idea: translation maker parties

Brett Gaylor brett at mozillafoundation.org
Fri Jun 6 08:26:28 PDT 2014

So, connecting a few threads:

-Our L10N work continues to be world class.  We are still the #5 most popular project on transifex
-We continue to hear stories on our lists such as the mass translation to Icelandic of webmaker, or swedish, or hindi
-Kate gave a talk at JSConf about diversity and cited our localization as an example to apparently broad support

Proposal:  Can we create some simple scaffolding for “translation parties” of webmaker?  Create a really simple teaching kit for example that shows how to do this, and start engaging our transifex, Mozilla channels, etc, and perhaps even some incentives?  ie get your locale to 100% and everyone gets a hoodie, go from 0-hero and we’ll fly you somewhere, a message from mark, etc?