[Webmaker] Idea: Dev Tools as model for Web Lit Tools?

Dethe Elza dethe at mozillafoundation.org
Thu Dec 19 10:11:16 PST 2013

On 2013-12-19, at 5:25 AM, David Bruant <bruant.d at gmail.com> wrote:

> Le 18/12/2013 19:19, David Humphrey a écrit :
>> In both cases I'm describing tools built into the browser that let you explore and ask questions of the pages you visit--any page vs. just an exercise with a built-in script.  These aren't necessarily editing tools, but rather lenses through which I can observe the web and how it's built.

While demoing and talking about Webmaker tools at the Discover Tectoria conference last week, some folks would see X-Ray Goggles and say, "Oh, like developer tools?" What they loved about X-Ray Goggles, and saw many applications for, was that you could save the results of changing things in the local version, and send a link out to them. Professionals who make mock ups would *really* like to be able to do this from within dev tools.

--Dethe