Fwd: Re: On closing old bugs

David Humphrey david.humphrey at senecacollege.ca
Wed Dec 4 07:33:24 PST 2013

There's a thread happening on Mozilla's dev-platform list about what to
do with old bugs.  I wanted to raise it in our context, because we've
suddenly become good at triage again, with our weekly triage meeting.
In that meeting we're WONTFIX'ing or otherwise closing a lot of bugs.
One thing we've started to do is add "icebox" to the whiteboard for
things that are valid, but aren't in scope for us to work on any time
soon.  I think that practice is a good one, and we should consider doing
two things:

1) Exposing the "icebox" list more prominently in our dev docs and for
the community and new devs to see.

2) Making sure that things going in the "icebox" are things we'd
review/land if they had a patch.  Otherwise, we should close them.

If people have other ideas on how to keep our bug lists under control,
please share them.

Dave