[webvr] Why does entering VR need to be on user interaction?

Michael Chang flux.blackcat at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 01:52:35 UTC 2016

> I understand we should protect user's from media abuse and social exploits
> - but I also agree that we should standardise (at least at the design
> pattern level) across this space and reduce friction for both developers
> and users.

I get that too. I'm thinking that browser developers don't accept a lot of
other media as first class citizens. HTML/CSS is ok, but full screen video
and VR are second class citizens as far as content is concerned (you don't
do banking with full screen video).

Preventing abuse can go too far IMO. Imagine if we also gated WebGL to user
gesture, because it might heat up someone's phone due to spinning their GPU
too much.