[web-vr] Firefox WebVR very stuttery?

RavenWorks omgitsraven at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 22:33:31 UTC 2015

I've just gotten back into WebVR after a bit of a break, and I'm finding
that Firefox's WebVR is immensely stuttery, in a way that Chrome isn't
for the same content. I don't think this used to be the case -- has it
gotten worse lately for anyone else? This is happening on my own
homemade code, and on sites like mozvr.com.

The strangest part is that logging the times of my requestAnimationFrame
callbacks suggests I'm actually getting a *very* high frame rate (higher
than the display rate even), which makes it seem like it's not a
rendering problem at all, but some other bottleneck?

I haven't figured out what's going on precisely enough to do anything
like file a bug report yet, but I figured I'd at least check if I'm the
only one having this experience or not. I'm running Windows 7 64-bit,
SDK 0.8.0.0, Nightly 44.0a1 (2015-10-28).

While I think of it, I'm also getting a lot of flickering black in the
right eye of my DK2 in Firefox (but not in Chrome), in a way that seems
reminiscent of vsync-related screen tearing, in case that's relevant.