[web-vr] Firefox WebVR very stuttery?

Josh Carpenter jcarpenter at mozilla.com
Mon Nov 9 06:28:29 UTC 2015

Hi Jaako,

While we wait for native device vsync to land in Firefox, try the following:

Oculus runtime 0.8-beta (direct mode only)
Geforce drivers v. 358.70-beta (as per the 0.8 runtime page)
Firefox Nightly w/ following flags (set via about:config <about:config>)
* dom.vr.enabled: true
* gfx.vr.mirror-texture: true
* layout.frame_rate: 75 (to match DK2 refresh)

Content from @MozVR/webvr-demos works well, with the exception of Polar Sea and Nepal videos. We suspect this may be due to issues with video decoding and/or the EleVR player, and are looking into it :)

—
Josh Carpenter
Product Design, MozVR