[thunderbird-testers] Thunderbird 52 Testing

Wayne Mery vseerror at lehigh.edu
Thu Jan 26 19:01:34 UTC 2017

Hello testers.

*Thunderbird 52*  beta (which becomes the next major release) will be available for testing soon. Please find below the list of changes since version 45.

Until 52 becomes available, your testing of beta 51 will be helpful.  Beta 51 can be downloaded fromthe channel page <http://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/channel/>.  (Note, 51 has not undergone "formal" testing.  However, it has approximately 26,000 users
with no new major issues reported thus far.**) If you are running beta you will get an automatic update to beta 52**. We will also announce beta 52 here, along with specific testing requests.

    ***Mac Users Exception*  - unfortunately some problems exist for MacOS. 10.12 aka Sierra is worse than 10.11 and prior, mostly crashes. Sierra users may want to avoid 51 and 52. If you are on Sierra 10.12.3 (this week's update) or will update soon, we invite you to
reply in private to this email and volunteer for some targeted testing. Late-2016 Mac, or old Macs, doesn't matter - we are hoping for a mix of hardware.

If you encounter a problem:
- if it reproduces insafe mode <https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/safe-mode-thunderbird>  pleasefile a bug report
<https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Thunderbird>, and clearly state whether the problem happened in a prior version
- if it does not reproduce insafe mode <https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/safe-mode-thunderbird>, please determine which add-on is causing the problem and file a support request (not a review posting) with the author of the add-on
- if you have a support question/issue, post athttps://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/new/thunderbird  and clearly mention your beta version

Thank you for your assistance!

*_Changes_*

* Changes worthy of inclusion in release notes since 45:
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/47.0beta/releasenotes/
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/49.0beta/releasenotes/
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/50.0beta/releasenotes/
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/51.0beta/releasenotes/