[thunderbird-testers] Event : Testing Thunderbird 10 and lightning

Ludovic Hirlimann ludovic at mozilla.com
Fri Oct 28 03:16:06 PDT 2011

Dear Thunderbird tester,
It's been a while since we had a testing event. Some of it was probably
my fault as I needed to adjust myself to the new release process we
adopted since Thunderbird 5.0. Since then I've been lonely testing
releases and new features as they came out.
It's time to spend a good amount of time testing Thunderbird more
thoroughly. We will use litmus as our main testing tool. In litmus you
will find groups of test (eg one for address book, one for imap, one for
news). Each group is made of one or more tests that needs to be run. As
I want to distribute the workload and not only have a few areas tested,
I would like you to sign up and tell me that you want to participate to
this event.

What is required to participate :

  *  An email account that can be used for testing

  *  a litmus account at https://litmus.mozilla.org

  *  an account on https://bugzilla.mozilla.org

  *  some time in the week of 13Th November to 20th November 2011

What will the workflow of this event look like

  * You read this

  * you reply to it - telling me you want to participate

  * On the day the event starts (times will be Central European time)
    You'll receive an email with :

  * what to test (eg groups of test I've assigned to you)

  * a link to the test in litmus

  * a bugzilla bug number which we will use to track bug found during
    this event

  * more detailed instructions on how to use litmus and bugzilla

  * You organize yourself to run the tests when you have time

  * You do the tests and give us reports and file bugs if the tests
    aren't successfull

  * That's it. I will Post results in the middle and at the end of the
    event.

At the same time we would also like to run the same kind of event for
lightning as it's the most used extension with Thunderbird. The workflow
will look exactly the same. Just make sure that when you sign up for
testing you tell me that you want to work on lightning as I will assume
that by default it's for Thunderbird.

Ludo
for the Thunderbird QA team.

--