<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN">
<html>
  <head>

    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=ISO-8859-1">
  </head>
  <body text="#000000" bgcolor="#ffffff">
    We're just starting the 3.1 beta 2 builds today. I was hoping that
    we would be able to reopen trunk today. However due to the state the
    tinderbox tree is in I'm not sure this is the right thing to do at
    this time.<br>
    <br>
    Over the last week or so, we've suffered a bit more than normal from
    bustages as a result of m-c changes. As a result, we still have a
    few bustages outstanding. The current ones are listed at the top of
    the <a href="http://tinderbox.mozilla.org/Thunderbird/">tinderbox
      page</a>. Two of these are fixes that are required in m-c (linux
    bustages awaiting review, test_fuel.js failures has been looked at).
    A third (test_plugins.js) needs diagnosis, and the fourth is the
    mozmill failures. I also need to file one to pick up the new add-on
    manger work.<br>
    <br>
    From a test I did earlier today at Andrew's suggestion, turning
    "javascript.options.jit.chrome" to false fixes the failures. This
    confirms his suspicion that the javascript engine is broken.<br>
    <br>
    Therefore I'm making the following proposals:<br>
    <br>
    - We temporarily set javascript.options.jit.chrome to false on the
    trunk. Andrew hasn't got time to debug what is happening until after
    3.1rc1. We then set a 3.1.next alpha blocker to investigate the
    failures and get it turned back on, hopefully way before the next
    alpha. This will allow development to continue in the interim
    period.<br>
    <br>
    - We wait to open the tree until: we have fixed linux bustages,
    test_fuel.js and maybe one or two others.<br>
    <br>
    - We restrict the tree to non-string changes until we have changed
    the l10n dashboard so that it gets 3.1 information from the
    comm-1.9.2 tree (to save confusing locales, <a
      href="https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=561333">Bug
      561333</a>).<br>
    <br>
    I think we should be able to get the tree open early next week. If
    those not working on 3.1rc1 blockers have time to investigate fixes
    for bustages, that would be a great help.<br>
    <br>
    Mark.<br>
  </body>
</html>