Mailman will shut down soon: this list will move

Dirk Steinmetz (rsjtdrjgfuzkfg) thunderbird-lists at rsjtdrjgfuzkfg.com
Tue Mar 23 17:21:22 UTC 2021

Hi *,

Mozilla decided to shut down the Mailman instance most Thunderbird
mailing lists are hosted on by the end of this month.

This means that we need to find an alternative *fast*. The council is
currently discussing this, but I wanted to give the public an option to
weigh in.

Regarding public lists, there are three primary proposals:
1. Move away from Mozilla to Topicbox
2. Join Mozilla in moving to Google Groups
3. Self-host (not sure how feasible in the time frame)

Currently, there is some fundamental opposition to Google Groups, as
well as some fundamental opposition to self-hosting. The preferred
option thus seems to be Topicbox so far.

It is not yet clear how the migration will work; if you need to
re-subscribe we will post something before mailman is shut down.

Kind regards,
Dirk