Thunderbird 78.2.2 and 81.0b3

Wayne Mery vseerror at lehigh.edu
Mon Sep 14 03:55:41 UTC 2020

On 9/3/20 2:24 PM, Wayne Mery wrote:

> We have been getting good feedback and in particular responses about
> OpenPGP.
>
> We had planned to ship these releases this week, but are pushing them
> to next week so we can get more OpenPGP related and other fixes ready.

78.2.2 went live on Thursday Sept 10.
https://www.thunderbird.net/en-US/thunderbird/78.2.2/releasenotes/

So far no reports of issues with 78.2.1 and 78.2.2* that we think should
block enabling updates, so it is looking good to enable updates from
version 68 on Monday at a very low rate, for some period of time to be
determined.  This implies some enigmail users will likely receive the
update.

There are still some rough edges to be smoothed, as there always are,
and we definitely have bugs we want fixed soon, so this work continues.
Whether the next update is 78.2.3 or 78.3.0 is yet to be determined.

** Please help triage and resolve **new, unresolved bugs reported since
78.2.1 <https://mzl.la/3mijHT8>*