Thunderbird 78.x and enabling OpenPGP by default

TT Mooney ttmooney at ttmooney.com
Fri May 29 10:33:20 UTC 2020

What about the use case of people saving GPG encrypted attachments (or email archives) out of Thunderbird? They won’t be able to decrypt them externally, I take it.

So best practice would be for everything to leave a Thunderbird decrypted. But that needs to be very clear to the user.

I think I’d be more comfortable with an external private key, but I’m also really interested in a working configuration that’s maintainable.

Sent from my iPad