[Council Meeting] Minutes from 2020-04-20
vseerror at lehigh.edu
Fri May 29 21:24:02 UTC 2020
Thunderbird Project Council Meeting
When: April 20, 2020 at 9:05 PM CEST
In the call: Magnus, Berna, Patrick, Jörg, Ryan, Wayne
Motions/votes since last meeting
* Change the Thunderbird Council weekly meeting time from Thursday 8am
EDT to 3pm EDT on Mondays. Approved. As a result, there was no
meeting on Thursday April 16.
* Ryan reported donations team can generate a weekly report that will
provide for donation numbers that aren’t captured in analytics, and
which can be broken down by country.
* Berna asked if our donations take a nosedive, do we have an action
plan to cut out or cut down any service. Ryan reports there are
priorities, but have not been presented to council.
* Berna asked if we can investigate whether we qualify for any bailout
money/funds from the government(s) or short time work in any
country. In Europe, it is free money. General consensus is it is
unlikely money will be available, in part because we have not had to
lay off any employees, and have no demonstrated financial losses.
* Motion by Patrick: The Thunderbird project shall maintain a reserve
of money to cover 12 months of recurring costs (including for
personnel and other services). Discussion followed. No vote taken.
* Berna asked if we are prepared to issue quarterly financial reports
in the interest of transparency and communication. Ryan indicated
he is preparing an annual report, but still waiting on some numbers
to come in.
* Status of three currently open (advertised) positions was covered.
They are all proceeding to the next step - setting up contract, sent
to MoFo HR, investigating employment services.
* Berna asked if the council NDA group were able to customize the
benefits package as discussed last week? The response is, not yet.
* Berna reminded that the Performance Review Process needs to start.
The trial date will be determined by Magnus in order not to place
additional stress on the employees during these extraordinary times.
But there is concern that a three month trial will be too short to
evaluate, given that reviews are quarterly. To be discussed further
next week after Magnus goes through the documents/templates.
Product / Strategy
* Berna asked, in follow up from prior meeting, whether there will be
a financial impact if many add-on authors cannot make the jump to
version 78? For example “LookOut (fixed)” for TNEF attachments,
“MailMerge”, and “Signature Switch”, and whether a message to the
donors could help give us useful information. Ryan and Wayne
believe this would be difficult or impossible to measure. It was
also noted that hopefully our incoming add-on coordinator can help
in this area.
* Still waiting for information from Mozilla Foundation about NDA.
* Wayne asked if whether council members should have directors and
officers insurance? Are we covered through MZLA Technologies or
MoFo? What do other boards do?
party providers. It was noted that add-ons should have their own
* Some questions were asked and clarifications given about the last
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the tb-planning