[Council Meeting] Minutes from 2020-04-20

Wayne Mery vseerror at lehigh.edu
Fri May 29 21:24:02 UTC 2020


Thunderbird Project Council Meeting

When: April 20, 2020 at 9:05 PM CEST
Minuter: Wayne
In the call: Magnus, Berna, Patrick, Jörg, Ryan, Wayne
Regrets: Philipp

Motions/votes since last meeting

  * Change the Thunderbird Council weekly meeting time from Thursday 8am
    EDT to 3pm EDT on Mondays. Approved.  As a result, there was no
    meeting on Thursday April 16.

Financial

  * Ryan reported donations team can generate a weekly report that will
    provide for donation numbers that aren’t captured in analytics, and
    which can be broken down by country.
  * Berna asked if our donations take a nosedive, do we have an action
    plan to cut out or cut down any service. Ryan reports there are
    priorities, but have not been presented to council.
  * Berna asked if we can investigate whether we qualify for any bailout
    money/funds from the government(s) or short time work in any
    country. In Europe, it is free money. General consensus is it is
    unlikely money will be available, in part because we have not had to
    lay off any employees, and have no demonstrated financial losses.
  * Motion by Patrick: The Thunderbird project shall maintain a reserve
    of money to cover 12 months of recurring costs (including for
    personnel and other services). Discussion followed. No vote taken.
  * Berna asked if we are prepared to issue quarterly financial reports
    in the interest of transparency and communication.  Ryan indicated
    he is preparing an annual report, but still waiting on some numbers
    to come in.

Hiring/personnel

  * Status of three currently open (advertised) positions was covered. 
    They are all proceeding to the next step - setting up contract, sent
    to MoFo HR, investigating employment services.
  * Berna asked if the council NDA group were able to customize the
    benefits package as discussed last week? The response is, not yet.
  * Berna reminded that the Performance Review Process needs to start. 
    The trial date will be determined by Magnus in order not to place
    additional stress on the employees during these extraordinary times.
    But there is concern that a three month trial will be too short to
    evaluate, given that reviews are quarterly.  To be discussed further
    next week after Magnus goes through the documents/templates.

Product / Strategy

  * Berna asked, in follow up from prior meeting, whether there will be
    a financial impact if many add-on authors cannot make the jump to
    version 78?  For example  “LookOut (fixed)” for TNEF attachments,
    “MailMerge”, and “Signature Switch”, and whether a message to the
    donors could help give us useful information.  Ryan and Wayne
    believe this would be difficult or impossible to measure.  It was
    also noted that hopefully our incoming add-on coordinator can help
    in this area.

Governance

  * Still waiting for information from Mozilla Foundation about NDA.
  * Wayne asked if whether council members should have directors and
    officers insurance? Are we covered through MZLA Technologies or
    MoFo? What do other boards do?

Legal

  * Berna asked about progress on the privacy policy applies to third
    party providers.  It was noted that add-ons should have their own
    privacy policy.

Miscellaneous

  * Some questions were asked and clarifications given about the last
    staff report


-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/tb-planning/attachments/20200529/82aba375/attachment.html>


More information about the tb-planning mailing list