Thunderbird 78.x and enabling OpenPGP by default

Ben Bucksch ben.bucksch at beonex.com
Wed May 27 23:03:03 UTC 2020

Hey Kai,

I completely respect it when you as developer say that it's not ready yet.

Just to clarify one thing, so that we don't misunderstand each other:

On 28.05.20 00:33, Kai Engert wrote:
> We shouldn't declare all current Enigmail users as Beta testers

I am not proposing that. What I mean is:
What about those Enigmail users who *do* manually install TB 78.0? They
cannot use Enigmail anymore. They cannot downgrade anymore, because TB
blocks profile downgrades. They are stuck without any encryption. They
cannot even read their encrypted mail. I am talking specifically about
those.