Thunderbird 78.x and enabling OpenPGP by default

Wayne vseerror at lehigh.edu
Wed May 27 14:38:27 UTC 2020

On 5/26/20 3:56 PM, Jacques Angevelle wrote:
> Hello Kai,
> You say that the functionality will be disabled and hidden AND
> Enigmail can no longer be used. For users who use OpenPGP for some
> messages, that means they will see a major regression if they want to
> be early adopters of 78.x but can't assume risk of using beta.

I'm not sure I totally understand this point.  Is it the new encryption
that you don't trust during beta, or Thunderbird code that you don't trust?

You understand that what will soon be running during the 78 beta period
is not much different from what will actually ship in 78.0?

Do you also know that you can run two releases concurrently?