Thunderbird 78.x and enabling OpenPGP by default

Magnus Melin mkmelin+mozilla at iki.fi
Wed May 27 06:10:48 UTC 2020

While it's not unproblematic to delay exposing the built-in OpenPGP
functionality, existing Enigmail users would have to take that choice:
enable the preference to enable OpenPGP (accepting it's a bit rough
around the edges), or use 68.x until the pref is on by default.

Delaying will give us more time to verify things function as they should
as well as doing some basic UI improvements.

  -Magnus