Thunderbird 78.x and enabling OpenPGP by default

Jacques Angevelle jacques.for64+TB at free.fr
Tue May 26 19:56:08 UTC 2020

Hello Kai,
You say that the functionality will be disabled and hidden AND Enigmail
can no longer be used. For users who use OpenPGP for some messages, that
means they will see a major regression if they want to be early adopters
of 78.x but can't assume risk of using beta. What is the problem that
would prevent leaving the function visible as keysabsence prevents it
from being used?
Regards
Jacques