Thunderbird communication channels consolidation

Andrei Hajdukewycz sancus at thunderbird.net
Sat May 16 23:57:50 UTC 2020

On 5/15/2020 12:32 AM, Magnus Melin wrote:

> mozilla.dev.apps.thunderbird newsgroup
>
>   * Could remain (IMO).
>   * Could consider having it a pure newsgroup and kill the mailinglist
>     gateway, which when used makes usage a mess out of conversations
>     there...
>
> cc:ing maildev - let's continue the discussion on tb-planning though!

I think it's very odd to propose keeping this, but eliminating maildev.
Maildev at least has a distinct purpose(however often it's used). This
newsgroup doesn't have any purpose, and newsgroups are on the way out as
a communication method.

I have no strong feelings about maildev but in general I think dropping
communications channels is a good thing, we have too many as it is.