Thunderbird communication channels consolidation

Ben Bucksch ben.bucksch at beonex.com
Fri May 15 11:55:45 UTC 2020

On 15.05.20 12:43, Magnus Melin wrote:
> On 2020-05-15 11:46, Mark Banner wrote:
>>
>> Does topicbox have the same level of moderation available as the
>> mailing list? Although I suspect we haven't needed it a lot
>> currently, I would be wary of moving to something where we loose the
>> capabilities we have now - in case that does become necessary in the
>> future.
>>
> I believe the moderation possibilities are the same as elsewhere:

The method we have at tb-planning - or at least what was originally
intended when it was created - is:

1. only subscribers can post
2. posts need to be approved by a moderator
3. Regulars that behave well and all devs can post without moderation
and their posts to straight through.

This is a reasonable balance between moderation and troll wars.