Thunderbird communication channels consolidation

Jörg Knobloch (on behalf of) ben.bucksch at beonex.com
Fri May 15 09:42:55 UTC 2020

Jörg Knobloch wrote on maildev (I'm just re-posting here):

On 15/05/2020 09:32, Magnus Melin wrote:
> maildev mailing list
> <https://lists.thunderbird.net/mailman/listinfo/maildev_lists.thunderbird.net>
>

>  1. Most if not all of the maildev members are also on tb-planning.
>  2. The list hasn't had too much traffic, since whether to choose this
>     or tb-planning is not easy.
>  3. Its original purpose of serving as a more moderated forum for
>     technical discussion has proven generally non-feasible: details of
>     technical decisions are better discussed on specific bugs with the
>     people who have, or are gaining knowledge about the specifics
>     involved.

Point 1: These lists have different moderation rules.

Point 2: These lists have very different purposes: For example, if you
want to discuss the pitfalls of Mork-removal, then tb-planning is *not*
the right list.

Point 3: Not-feasible? Why? We had a few useful discussions here. Not
all the technical people follow all the bugs. Also, please refer to

https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/tb-planning/2017-July/005610.html

Jörg.