Thunderbird communication channels consolidation
mkmelin+mozilla at iki.fi
Fri May 15 07:32:10 UTC 2020
Currently Thunderbird communication channels are a bit scattered. Some
consolidation has been discussed on various forums, but no decisions
have been made so far. I'm writing this to get a wider feedback on some
of the changes up for discussion.
tb-planning mailing list <https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/tb-planning>
* Would remain/become the main channel of general communication.
* Would preferably be moving to topicbox like many of our other lists
<https://thunderbird.topicbox.com/groups>(topicbox is a mailing list
system too, but with nicer web UI then mailman lists)
maildev mailing list
* Most if not all of the maildev members are also on tb-planning.
* The list hasn't had too much traffic, since whether to choose this
or tb-planning is not easy.
* Its original purpose of serving as a more moderated forum for
technical discussion has proven generally non-feasible: details of
technical decisions are better discussed on specific bugs with the
people who have, or are gaining knowledge about the specifics involved.
Thunderbird discourse <https://discourse.mozilla.org/c/thunderbird>
* Would be discontinued.
* The addons topicbox <https://thunderbird.topicbox.com/groups/addons>
is flourishing and a number of people have expressed frustration
with discourse. The value in keeping it seems low.
* Could remain (IMO).
* Could consider having it a pure newsgroup and kill the mailinglist
gateway, which when used makes usage a mess out of conversations
cc:ing maildev - let's continue the discussion on tb-planning though!
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the tb-planning