[Council Meeting] Minutes from 2020-04-02
vseerror at lehigh.edu
Mon May 11 19:10:31 UTC 2020
Please see below the summary of the Thunderbird Council Meeting notes.
Thunderbird Project Council Meeting
Date: Thursday, April 02, 2020
Keeper of the minutes: Wayne
Magnus, Patrick, Berna, Wayne, Jörg
Regrets: Ryan, Philipp
The meeting commences at 2:00pm CET.
* Approval of minutes of the meeting from prior weeks.
Motion between meetings
* Motion in email from Magnus to move ahead with planned hires. Motion passed on 2020-04-01Financial
* Patrick motioned "The Thunderbird project shall keep enough money in reserve to cover 18 months of recurring costs (including for personnel and other services)." Considerable discussion followed, including different lengths of time (such as 9 months and 12 months), concern for employees and construction of budget, and reliability of future revenue. Vote deferred to future meeting, after Patrick and Ryan review budget numbers.
* Magnus will contact new hire candidates.
* Berna asked what is next and what is the most cost-effective way of hiring these candidates, given the countries involved. Philipp and Ryan will organize the hiring process.
* The council decided to proceed to put in motion a three month trial of the OKRs (Performance Review Process). However, the timing of the trial is to be determined by Magnus in order for us not to put additional stress on staff who might have already been forced to change their daily routines due to the coronavirus pandemic.
* Discussed whether Thunderbird income might be impacted if some add-on authors do not updated addons to version 78. It was noted that some add-ons at the top on the list haven’t updated yet, like: “LookOut (fixed)” for TNEF attachments, “MailMerge”, or “Signature Switch”. Suggestion made to ask donors how many addons they use?”
* Elections are still waiting on NDA, which will be discussed soon with Foundation.
Call ends at 2:53 pm CET.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the tb-planning