Thunderbird 78.0 release date, and betas

Wayne vseerror at lehigh.edu
Fri Jun 26 14:55:02 UTC 2020

I, and all of us, would dearly love to have many more add-ons compatible
when ESR goes live. However there are other considerations which compete
with this desire, and so 78.0 must go forward.

Beta 78 will continue to be available for one more week to help add-on
developers. And in one week 78.0 will go live but with automatic updates
disabled - meaning users can only get it if they intentionally, manually
update.   Or they download it from somewhere.