[Council Meeting] Minutes from 2020-05-18

Ryan Sipes ryan at thunderbird.net
Mon Jun 22 19:08:01 UTC 2020

Planning,

Here are the Council minutes from 2020-05-18.

      ---

      Thunderbird Project Council Meeting Notes from 2020-05-18

Present: Magnus, Ryan, Berna, Jörg, Philipp, Brian

Missing: Patrick, Wayne

Meeting time: 9:00 PM – 11:00 PM  CEST

Minuter: Ryan

      Motions/votes since last meeting

  *

    Voted to renew contract for a Thunderbird team member.

      Financial

  *

    Ryan shared that we received Q1 final donation numbers

        Berna asked how close are we w.r.t. the forecast?

          + Ryan shared that we exceeded the forecast expectations by
            more than 50% and filled in numbers (versus 2019):
              # Jan +59%
              # Feb +29%
              # Mar +56%
              # Apr +63%

        Berna raised sharing more on social media more to drive donations.

      Hiring/personnel

  *

    Magnus shared that two new team members: Ping and Lasana got started
    today

  *

    Magnus continued discussions about hiring in certain regions as well
    as the status of employee benefits.

      Product/Strategy

  *

    Berna pointed to the existing Thunderbird Roadmap
    <https://developer.thunderbird.net/planning/roadmap>

        Berna asked if we have a more detailed roadmap with timelines,
        milestones and key resources?

      o Ryan raised that a more detailed strategic roadmap should be
        produced that would deal with longer term plans.
      o Wayne suggested that a Thunderbird Vision discussion
        <https://wiki.mozilla.org/Thunderbird/2020_Virtual_Summit#Thunderbird_Vision>
        should occur as part of the Thunderbird Virtual Summit before it
        ends.

      Governance

Magnus suggested we review elector list and ensure it looks good in
preparation for the Council election.