Thunderbird 78.x and enabling OpenPGP by default

Kai Engert kaie at kuix.de
Wed Jun 3 09:04:42 UTC 2020

On 29.05.20 12:33, TT Mooney wrote:
> What about the use case of people saving GPG encrypted attachments (or email archives) out of Thunderbird? They won’t be able to decrypt them externally, I take it.

You will have the ability to import your existing secret key into
Thunderbird (export from GnuPG with --armor).

And also, if a user has initially created the secret key inside
Thunderbird, you will have the ability to backup/export your secret key,
and import it into GnuPG.

Would that work for your scenario?

Kai