[Council Meeting] Minutes from 2020-05-04
mkmelin+mozilla at iki.fi
Tue Jun 2 19:39:51 UTC 2020
Thunderbird Project Council Meeting notes from 2020-05-04
When: May 4, 2020 at 9:00 PM – 10:23 PM CEST
In the call: Magnus, Ryan, Philpp, Berna, Jörg, Wayne, Brian
* Berna inquired about status getting up-to-date information and per
country breakdown. Ryan said better data will be available soon.
What we can say from the preliminary numbers we do have from
analytics, is that the US is leading with an uptick from China.
* Discussed surveying donors. We could do this if we know what we want
to ask. Could link to a survey from for the next donor newsletter.
* Getting paper works done for new hires still in process.
* One hire backed out - looking for a replacement. Discussed posting
jobs more widely.
* Discussions about benefits package (US employees) has not progressed
significantly. Waiting on getting a price tag for various
alternatives. Broad agreement this needs to finalized ASAP.
o Berna suggested to be more agile and find ways to resolve
outstanding issues (such as the Benefits Package) quicker.
* Wayne had emailed an alternative proposal for commissioning QA
services. The new proposal didn't get enough interest from the
council, so not pursuing this now.
* Berna inquired about enterprise pilot candidate(s). Discussion about
enterprise support followed.
* Berna shared a feature comparison chart
and another chart from another email client website and proposed
updating the existing one.
o Ryan and Wayne to update it.
* Berna asked for clarification on corporate roles, like who should
update MZLA Board on financials. Currently it's Ethan [Mozilla
Foundation]. Berna thinks Ryan is best positioned to give an overall
* Elections: Berna is concerned with one of the clauses in the NDA and
Berna, Jörg and Wayne had a discussion with MoFo in order to clarify
this. However, there is still no still no update on the NDA. Need to
get an answer from legal and proceed with elections.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the tb-planning