IRC down?

Kai Engert kaie at kuix.de
Fri Jan 31 10:55:11 UTC 2020

On 31.01.20 11:50, Axel Grude wrote:
> just checking I cannot connect to the mozilla irc from Thunderbird this
> morning. mibbit also seems offline - do we have an outage?

Yes, there's an outage, also reported at https://status.mozilla.org/

However, Mozilla's Matrix instance seems to be already available.

I don't know if the wider public is already supposed to use it, but I
guess this is a good time to try it.

To connect: https://chat.matrix.org/

After joining, explore the rooms, and you should find #maildev

Apparently it's possible to join from other Matrix servers, too, using
the global room name: #maildev:mozilla.org

(And just in case some people are stuck with IRC and cannot use Matrix,
there's an unofficial, temporary/backup IRC channel at #moz-maildev on
Freenode.)

Kai