[Council Meeting] Minutes from 2019-12-18

Wayne Mery vseerror at lehigh.edu
Mon Jan 27 15:49:08 UTC 2020

To preface the items I will clarify below:
a) for us to properly respond it would be helpful in the future if you
point out specifically which issue(s) you seek clarification
b) what we share are not really minutes - they are a summary of what we
are able to usefully share publicly

As a general matter we can perhaps be more clear by stating which items
we cannot be more public.

As for this set of minutes, in order:
* Regarding hirings, the approval was an ordinary renewal of a contract,
but in general we do not publicly share details about employees.
* The new positions will be made public when the jobs are posted.
* Regarding EOY donations, the numbers were only preliminary because we
were only partly through December - more information will eventually be
available.
* Election details will be shared when they are ready to begin.
* The encryption discussion involves issues which cannot yet be made public.