[Council Meeting] Minutes from 2020-07-20

Wayne Mery vseerror at lehigh.edu
Mon Aug 17 19:14:27 UTC 2020

Thunderbird Project Council Meeting

When: July 20, 2020 at 9:00 PM CEST
Minuter: Wayne
In the call: Magnus, Wayne, Berna, Ryan,
Regrets: Patrick, Philipp, Jörg

      Financial

  * Continuing to track income during uncertain times - June income is
    up 30% compared to this time last year.

      Hiring / Personnel

  * Magnus reported Add-ons Coordinator started July 15
  * Magnus reported Enterprise Support and Documentation Engineer
    started July 15
  * Magnus reported still working on USA benefits provider

      Product / Strategy

  * Berna asked how the version 78 performance issues compare to past
    releases.  Magnus and Wayne shared that user reports thus far are
    generally positive compared to past releases, however there are some
    bugs that we are addressing.
  * Berna asked whether Hong Kong’s status and relationship with the
    West are concerning and need monitoring, and whether we are prepared
    to swap out the RNP code for something that is not potentially
    subject to Chinese complications.
  * Berna asked about the MOSS Grant applications. Wayne reported the
    track 1 MOSS development grant is provisionally approved. Also, MOSS
    want to see RNP have an easy way to report security
    vulnerabilities.  The RNP security audit is on track for August.
  * Partnership agreements are still in progress.

*Governance *

  * MZLA recently held a Board Meeting.  Ryan and Philipp shared some
    highlights and will provide notes.

      Miscellaneous

  * Berna asked if we have formal design principles. Magnus reported
    Thunderbird has documentation at https://style.thunderbird.net/