An endangered internet species: Firefox

Jörg Knobloch jorgk at jorgk.com
Mon Aug 17 11:27:02 UTC 2020

On 16/08/2020 09:51, Óvári wrote:
> If there is no Firefox, does that mean there will be no Thunderbird?

Then we're in trouble. We'd have to maintain the code base ourselves,
and that can be done with a team of 10-20 people, especially not
regarding security fixes.

It's been considered to move Thunderbird onto a different platform,
that's why the team is working on removing reliance on Mozilla-specific
technologies. So if the platform dies, we'd have to find another one.

That said, as a participant of 2020's "All Hands" meeting in Berlin, I
don't have the impression that the platform will die any day soon :-)

Jörg.