An endangered internet species: Firefox

Óvári ovari123 at zoho.com
Sun Aug 16 07:51:03 UTC 2020

Hello,

The article entitled "An endangered internet species: Firefox" by Steven
J. Vaughan-Nichols [1] concludes with:

"Firefox will live on in one way or the other. It's open source after
all. But Firefox as an important browser, or Mozilla as a significant
open-source developer hub? No. I can't see it. Those days are done.
Firefox is officially on my endangered species list."

What does this mean for Thunderbird since it is built on Firefox?

If there is no Firefox, does that mean there will be no Thunderbird?

Thank you

Óvári

[1] https://www.zdnet.com/article/an-endangered-internet-species-firefox/