Thunderbird suggestion box

Wayne Mery vseerror at lehigh.edu
Fri Apr 24 21:44:18 UTC 2020

Creating a suggestion box has been mentioned a few times over the years,
in part because neither SUMO nor bugzilla are built to accept user
feedback in a way that is simple, and that scales to provide an
organized, prioritized list of desires to product planners.

Rather than debate the merits of such a system and whether we should do
it - I'd like to focus this thread on the features we'd want in a
system, and what systems we might consider should we choose to get one.

I've been exposed to uservoice and one other system (whose name I
forget) as a user of paid and free software, and the experiences were
both good - but that was a long time ago.  So it would be helpful to
hear about systems you have used and what you liked or didn't like about
them.

Some links to a few references to help start the conversation

  * https://www.saashub.com/feature-upvote-alternatives and
    https://www.saashub.com/uservoice-alternatives
  * https://www.upvoty.com/why/
  * https://www.uservoice.com/ and
    https://www.g2.com/products/uservoice/reviews
  * https://canny.io/blog/are-feature-voting-tools-bad/ (not sure I
    agree with everything here, but in interesting read)