[Council Meeting] Minutes from 2020-03-12

Magnus Melin mkmelin+mozilla at iki.fi
Thu Apr 16 11:20:25 UTC 2020

Hey, the practical implications of the membership are - if I may
summarize - that you get a place at the table when standardization
around calendaring is discussed and standards in that area developed. See

  * https://www.calconnect.org/membership/why-join
  * https://www.calconnect.org/membership/membership-benefits

"CalConnect... [] ... is a non-profit partnership between vendors and
users of collaboration systems and tools, in particular calendaring and
scheduling.

There is a yearly 3k membership fee, that includes getting some benefits
around CalConnect conferences and general visibility as well as improved
possibilities to influence standardization work. With Lightning now
integrated in Thunderbird, I think this is an area worth participating in.

  -Magnus