Thunderbird 2020 elections update

Wayne Mery vseerror at lehigh.edu
Wed Apr 15 21:45:30 UTC 2020

To: Thunderbird Community

It is now April and normally our elections process would be well under
way.  So we want to give you an update of our status.

Much of the council work involves sensitive financial and personnel
matters, and also working with confidential information which flows
through Mozilla, all of which require a Mozilla NDA. Therefore, it has
been approved by the council that electors who stand for election to the
next council term shall commit to signing an NDA at the time they agree
to stand for election. This ensures that all council members are equals
and have access to the same information, which sets a foundation where
council business can be conducted in an optimal and fully informed manner.

This brings us to the reason for the delay and for this message, which
is we are actively working to resolve some legal questions regarding the
NDA. So holding elections is currently stalled on this item. We will
update the community as soon as possible, when elections are ready to
proceed.

Regards,

Thunderbird Council