Updates and additions to APIs in Thunderbird 76

Geoff Lankow geoff at thunderbird.net
Fri Apr 10 03:04:42 UTC 2020

As some have already noticed, I've updated the API documentation for
Thunderbird 76 beta, which was released today. A quick summary of what's
new:

  * New functionality for dealing with account identities.
  * A breaking change to some events that previously supplied a tab ID.
  * Permissions explicitly required for some functions that deal with
    |MailFolder|s.
  * New address book helper for experiments.

Instead of continuing to post all the gory details in these
announcements, I have started posting the changes on the API
documentation site. Here's the full list of updates for 76:
https://thunderbird-webextensions.readthedocs.io/en/latest/changes/beta76.html
<https://thunderbird-webextensions.readthedocs.io/en/latest/changes/beta76.html>

GL