[Council Meeting] Minutes from 2020-02-27

Ryan Sipes ryan at thunderbird.net
Thu Apr 9 03:18:48 UTC 2020

Thunderbird Project Council Meeting notes from 2020-02-27

      Attendance

Present: Jorg, Ryan, Berna, Wayne, Magnus

Missing: Philipp, Patrick

Meeting time: 2:00 PM – 3:00 PM  CEST

Minuter: Ryan

      Financial

  *

    Conversations regarding adding additional mail providers (like
    Gandi) offered during account setup and which ones we should reach
    out to.

  *

    Discussion as to how much of a financial reserve we want to budget
    for: 3, 6 or 12 months. Jörg to prepare motion to define this.

      Hiring/personnel

  *

    Jorg asked about status of advertising the enterprise support and
    triaging person. Ryan shared that the pull request had been merged
    for listing position on website, Jörg will follow up with Andrei.

  *

    Discussion of employee benefits and how some of those need to be
    further defined and adjusted.

  *

    Moving forwards with applications and interviews.

      Product/Strategy

  *

    Discussed hiring a service to handle QA.

        Need to determine whether to use a provider or hire someone for
        the position.

        Jorg said it has been suggested 3:1 developer to QA ratio. With
        6 active developers, we’d need at least one QA person.

        Depends on budgeting, overspending, and financial reserve.

        Berna asked what timelines are we looking at? What is the
        planned budget for this?

        Governance

  *

    Jorg brought up the election mailing list, Wayne had mentioned
    “moderation”. What are the plans for moderating?

        Wayne responded, whatever the council decides - if anything.

  *

    Jorg raised the need to move election forward, Ryan withdrew idea of
    delaying it.