oAuth for ATT and oAth generally. What is the way forward?

Philipp Kewisch kewisch at thunderbird.net
Fri Sep 27 10:31:46 UTC 2019

Hi Matt,

for larger providers I think we should reach out, this is something the council can do. For smaller providers, I doubt the secret will be exposed to the customers. Therefore I'm not sure how useful it would be to expose this in the UI. Having something in about:config or even exposed through the MailExtensions API seems reasonable to me.

Instead of having this in the source I'm wondering if we should instead deliver the secrets vis RemoteSettings. This way we can easily update keys as necessary without an extra release.

Philipp