[Council Meeting] Meeting minutes from 2019-09-19

ba ba at pep-project.org
Thu Sep 26 13:43:38 UTC 2019

Hello Team Thunderbird!

Please see the most recent meeting minutes below.

Kind Regards,
—ba

==
Minutes 2019-09-19
Thunderbird Project Council Meeting 2019-09-19
Call Minutes

Date: Thursday, September 19, 2019
Location: Zoom

Session Chair: None

Keeper of the minutes: Berna Alp

In the call: Ryan, Magnus, Jörg, Patrick, Wayne, Berna

Regrets: Philipp

The meeting commences at 2:07pm CEST.

Agenda:

1.         Hiring/Personnel

Benjamin Flanagin resigned. Most of his tasks other than triage will be passed on to other staff. We will hire a staff member to work on bug triage after all the other more urgent positions have been filled. We wish Benjamin all the best in his future endeavors.
Members discussed the need to put in place a policy for personnel issues such as raises, benefits, etc.
Magnus brought up the need for travel budget.
2.         Governance

TB Bylaws
Berna is working on incorporating all the feedback obtained from other council members.
3.         Legal

Thunderbird Telemetry and the legal requirements
Wayne is working on a new broader TB Privacy Policy.
4.         Miscellaneous

Strategy
 Ongoing – Ryan has collected the feedback from the Council members and ironed out the costs.
Global Staffing Solutions
Members hashed over workable options to hire staff and subcontractors within Europe.
GData
Council members discussed GData migration from the C-C tree to GitHub.
Council Member Updates:

Philipp is in email discussion with new potential partners.

 Call ends at 3:10 pm CEST.
==