Thunderbird de-xbl effort finished!

Richard Leger richard.leger at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 13:11:29 UTC 2019

From end-users point of view big thanks to all involved in this project, for your great achievements in making Thunderbird better everyday...

Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2019 12:04:41 +0300
From: Magnus Melin <mkmelin+mozilla at iki.fi>
To: Thunderbird planning <tb-planning at mozilla.org>
Subject: Thunderbird de-xbl effort finished!

As you may know, for the past year the Thunderbird team has put a lot of
work into migrating away from the Mozilla proprietary XBL technology,
and as of today, I'm happy to announce we're now XBL free!

Thanks, and congrats to everybody who participated in this effort!
Especially Khushil Mistry, Paul Morris, and Alessandro Castellani each
converted many bindings. Also a big thanks to the mozilla-central de-XBL
team whose background work made this possible.

XBL over time

?-Magnus