gdata moving to github

Magnus Melin mkmelin+mozilla at iki.fi
Thu Sep 19 16:50:57 UTC 2019

Provider for Google Calendar (gdata) is going to move out of
comm-central into github <https://github.com/kewisch/gdata-provider>.
For historical reasons the source code for add-on has been in
comm-central, but was never shipped with Thunderbird.

What does this mean for its users? Nothing really, the add-on will
continue to work just like before. We're not planning to do anything
special with the gdata users. I'd like to make the Lightning built-in
CalDAV access more discoverable, though that applies to all Google
CalDAV calendars, not only Google Calendar.

  -Magnus

P.S. To subscribe to your primary Google CalDAV calendar, set it up in
lightning by entering
https://apidata.googleusercontent.com/caldav/v2/example@gmail.com/events
(where example is replaced with your own address)