Thunderbird de-xbl effort finished!

Axel Grude axel.grude at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 12:39:10 UTC 2019

Dear Magnus,

well done to everyone involved!

Now it would be fantastic if somebody could assist in migrating FiltaQuilla. This
extension one has been heavily affected by this move. I would see at it's core about
75% of the code needs to be rewritten. I have seen a pattern in Thunderbird that uses
the function MozXULElement.parseXULToFragment in order to overload / inject xml, but I
am not very sure what is happening at all, and whether this is "ninja style"
programming or the official way of replacing xbl in order to create (sometimes
customized) controls in the filter conditions / actions dropdowns.

If anyone is interested in helping, I made a new source tree at:

https://github.com/RealRaven2000/FiltaQuilla/tree/thunderbird68

the basic idea is removing bindings.xml
<https://github.com/RealRaven2000/FiltaQuilla/blob/thunderbird68/content/bindings.xml>

and put the xml code into filtaquilla-wx.js
<https://github.com/RealRaven2000/FiltaQuilla/blob/thunderbird68/content/filtaquilla-wx.js>
instead.

thanks,
   Axel