Fwd: Intent to unship: TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1

Matt Harris unicorn.consulting at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 23:43:06 UTC 2019

On 12-Sep-19 11:34 PM, Kai Engert wrote:
> On 12.09.19 14:40, Patrick Cloke wrote:
>> I'm curious what effect this will have on Thunderbird. Do we have any
>> idea what percentage of SMTP/IMAP/POP servers are using these versions
>> of TLS?
> I don't have numbers.
>
> My primary concern here is our inadequate communication of errors
> related to SSL/TLS connectivity to the user.

/Undoubtedly the biggest issue for users is this sort of failure. The
errors do appear in the error console,  but it is so full of rubbish
that any advice has to start with "clear the console" and it is
certainly no somewhere I like to point users.  Nothing like a support
request that starts with a random error console error

Matt
/