[Council Meeting] Minutes from 2019-10-17
patrick at cloke.us
Fri Oct 25 17:03:57 UTC 2019
Note that we've started compiling the feedback that Wayne received on
our minutes, but these minutes were written before that was received.
Please see the minutes below.
Thunderbird Project Council Meeting 2019-10-17
Date: Thursday, October 17, 2019
Keeper of the minutes: Patrick
In the call: Ryan, Philipp, Magnus, Patrick
Regrets: Jörg, Berna, Wayne
The meeting commences at 2:00 PM CEST.
* Discussed hiring contractors on a project basis vs. hourly basis.
* Noted there are some legal and operational differences that we
would need to seek guidance on.
* Discussed how much budget there is for new hires and (briefly) about
opening additional job reqs.
* Discussion on operations and an upcoming meeting with some Mozilla
* Discussed the need to clarify how technical decisions on the project
* Context: there has been some questions of what the Council's
position is on particular technical decisions.
* The current module owner system is in place and exists for
* The Engineering Steering Committee - it is unclear what decisions
would fall onto it's table.
* It was noted that there are some unowned sub-modules (add-ons and
UX being called out specifically).
* Discussed sharing a high-level roadmap of where the Council sees
Thunderbird going in the next 3 - 5 years.
* Looking for good examples of ways to share this information.
Call ends at 2:45 PM CEST
More information about the tb-planning