[Council Meeting] Meeting minutes from 2019-10-03
patrick at cloke.us
Tue Oct 15 11:58:14 UTC 2019
Sorry for the delay in getting this summary out. I know it is a bit
light this time, a lot of what was discussed was sensitive, but
additional information will be shared in the coming weeks.
Please let me know if you have any questions,
Thunderbird Project Council Meeting 2019-10-03
Date: Thursday, October 3, 2019
Keeper of the minutes: Patrick Cloke
In the call: Patrick, Wayne, Magnus, Jörg, Berna, Philipp
The meeting commences at 2:15 PM CEST.
Hiring / Personnel:
* Discussed the need to open new positions to fulfill particular skill sets.
* Identified open questions including budget and timeline.
* Discussed researching employment providers to see if overhead can be
* Discussed hiring contractors vs. direct hires and some pros and cons
* It is unclear what the requirements are for a provider to be
* Brief discussion about the impact of hiring in the US vs. other
* Long discussion on governance. Unfortunately more information about
this cannot yet be released. More updates will follow.
* An action was taken to request feedback on what subscribers of
tb-planning think of the current minutes. Wayne is going to be heading
up this activity and will send out a survey in the coming weeks.
Council members updates:
* Removed Provider for Google Calendar code from the repository as
* Organizational work regarding the aforementioned governance updates.
Call ends at 3:35 PM CEST
More information about the tb-planning