Days of access to non-UI internals are over?

Tanstaafl tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Mon Oct 14 16:47:52 UTC 2019

Please don't CC me directly, when you do it breaks Reply-To-List.

On Mon Oct 14 2019 09:41:08 GMT-0400 (Eastern Standard Time), Eyal
Rozenberg <eyalroz at technion.ac.il> wrote:
> (I changed the title to stop hijacking the discussion John Bieling
> started about an overlay API.)
>
> On 14/10/2019 16:26, Tanstaafl wrote:
>> On 10/10/2019, 4:29:29 PM, Eyal Rozenberg <eyalroz at technion.ac.il> wrote:
>>> UI APIs are not what I'm concerned about. I need access to non-UI stuff
>>> in Thunderbird. In fact, I need more access than I have today.
>>
>> I think it  has been made crystal clear that those days are over.
>
> What? No that hasn't. Show me the relevant council resolutions.

No need... the discussions are numerous and everywhere that TB is
following the way of FF, and FF has decided not to allow access to a
low-level stuff any more.

Don't argue with me about it, I don't like it either, but it isn't new
information.