Days of access to non-UI internals are over?

Eyal Rozenberg eyalroz at technion.ac.il
Mon Oct 14 13:41:08 UTC 2019

(I changed the title to stop hijacking the discussion John Bieling
started about an overlay API.)

On 14/10/2019 16:26, Tanstaafl wrote:
> On 10/10/2019, 4:29:29 PM, Eyal Rozenberg <eyalroz at technion.ac.il> wrote:
>> UI APIs are not what I'm concerned about. I need access to non-UI stuff
>> in Thunderbird. In fact, I need more access than I have today.
>
> I think it  has been made crystal clear that those days are over.

What? No that hasn't. Show me the relevant council resolutions.

I realize that right now the devs are trying to hang on to a runaway
train which keeps detaching cars; but I was talking about the
mid-and-longer-term (mostly).