Intent to de-support: traditional add-ons

Tanstaafl tanstaafl at libertytrek.org
Fri Oct 11 14:15:06 UTC 2019

On 10/7/2019, 5:01:11 PM, Axel Grude <axel.grude at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am personally not a fan of /*vertical only navigation*/, it's really
> straining on the wrist. Why not have a /*favorites toolbar*/ instead?
> (well that's pretty much what QuickFolders is) that's multidimensional
> navigation, which is much easier to do than going through a vertical
> list...

I have no problem with this, but both views should be supported - and,
imo, I see no reason you couldn't use both simultaneously... I use and
love Quickfolders, but I still really, really want the Favorites/Pinning
capability.

But one major reason this is important - Users coming from Outlook. This
is the first and a major reason our Users preferred Outlook. Whether or
not you agree/prefer a toolbar, if we want to grow our user base, we
have to listen to reasons why people reject TB in favor of Outlook.

I'm not saying we make it an Outlook clone, I'm saying we look at
Outlook features that users want and make sense, and not only implement
them - implement them *better*, make it more flexible, like my idea of
combining the Favorites with the Folderpane toolbar so they work
together - although the Folderpane Toolbar definitely need to be
configurable (add custom/remove items, reorganize them, etc).