Proposal: MailExtensions API to allow UI overlays, but no script injection

Eyal Rozenberg eyalroz at technion.ac.il
Thu Oct 10 20:29:29 UTC 2019

 > WebExtensions improve these things

It's the same kind of improvement as when sawing an arm off: You never
need to clip your fingernails again...

 > The new Overlay API should ignore any scripts

I'm not sure what you mean. My extension is about the scripts. No
scripts, no extension.

 > That would get rid of the need to write hundreds of different UI APIs.

UI APIs are not what I'm concerned about. I need access to non-UI stuff
in Thunderbird. In fact, I need more access than I have today.

Bottom line: I don't understand your suggestion.

Eyal